AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill
The AlterG’s precise unweighting technology, allows you to push your training and physical therapy rehabilitation further than ever before. The AlterG Anti-Gravity Treadmill helps a broad spectrum of people – top level athletes, orthopaedic and neurological patients, seniors and those looking to lose weight – to achieve their personal health, wellness or performance goals.
This is particularly helpful for rehabilitation patients with injuries to lower limbs, patients with neurological conditions who require extra assistance with mobility and strength training but also for runners who are keen to improve their cardio vascular fitness without the normal impact that running causes on the joints.
The aim of the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill is to strengthen the user in a way that cannot be achieved in the gym or water, with reduced pressure on the body.
The benefits of the AlterG anti-gravity treadmill include:
- Reduced joint stresses and jarring of joints
- Promotion of normal joint range of movement and function
- Early rehabilitation leading to quicker return to sport or activity following an injury
- Cardiovascular exercise which can be beneficial for weight loss
- Confidence to walk or run for those recovering from injury or surgery, or even for those not accustomed to running
The technology used in AlterG will allow you to exercise at a chosen percentage of your body weight which can be adjusted throughout the process from 20% of your body weight up to 100%. The anti-gravity condition is reached by filling the treadmill’s pressure-controlled chamber with air, lifting you up and reducing any weight-bearing pain you are experiencing.